We had a few more donations come across last night. We are very thankful for for these donors and all who have supported our run this year. Thanks to Robert Cornett, Robert Rankin and Chris Sparbary.
The 2018 School House Champions 5K is here! Here’s some important information about today.
PACKET PICK-UP: If you still need to get your packet, packets can be picked up starting at 4 p.m. at the our on-site Registration table on Memorial Drive near the start line.
CHECK-IN: You do not need to check-in at the run if you already have your bib.
PRE-REGISTRATION/REGISTRATION: If you need your bib and pre-registered or need to register, head over to the on-site Registration table starting at 4 p.m.
BIB CHECK: Check your race bib information (name, age, and gender). If anything is incorrect, inform a registration volunteer as soon as possible.
BIB RULES: Wear your bib. The race is timed by a chip on your bib, which connects to your information to place you in the correct category. Wear your race bib on the front of your torso on the outermost layer of your clothing with safety pins. The chip will not read through clothing.
WATER/SNACKS: Water will be provided at mile one and mile two of the race. Water and snacks will be provided at the end of the race.
FOOD: Sweet Sting Music BBQ and Bella Shave will have food trucks on site from which you can purchase additional food and snacks.
SAFETY: We have many children running, and there may be cars on the course. Adults, please keep a watchful eye out, especially for the children. Everyone, please be aware of your surroundings.
WEATHER: It looks like a great day for an outdoor run — 60s and light clouds. Nevertheless, dress appropriately, and watch the weather closely. SHC5K is a rain-or-shine event.
PARKING: Parking is available along Georgetown city streets and also in Georgetown College parking lots.
RESTROOMS: Restrooms are available in the Georgetown College Student Center, just off the corner of College Street and Memorial Drive.
RESULTS: Race results will be available at onsite kiosks at the race and will be posted on our RunSignUp page following the event (https://runsignup.com/Race/KY/Georgetown/SchoolHouseChampions5K). This link also has been added to our Website at SchoolHouseChampions5K.com.
Today’s the day! SHC 5K 2018 is just 10.5 hours away!! Here’s our final pre-registration totals.
Tonight we are thankful for to The Martins and Nicole Paisely for their donations in support of the 2018 School House Champions 5K.
Hello, everyone! The 2018 School House Champions 5K is quickly approaching, and our packet pick-ups will be next week at our schools and Buffalo Wild Wings. Remember, pick up your packet at the school you designated to support when you registered. Times and days vary by school, so check the list below carefully.
Packet pick-up at schools: Varies by School
- Anne Mason: Monday, April 23, 7:30-8:30 am, 2-3 p.m., front lobby; 7 p.m., PTA meeting, library.
- Eastern: Tuesday, April 24, 2-7 p.m., front lobby; Wednesday, April 25: 6:45-8 a.m., front lobby.
- Georgetown Middle: Monday-Wednesday, April 23-25, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., front office.
- Lemons Mill: Tuesday, April 24, 4:30-7:30 p.m., cafeteria (enter at back/after-school program pick-up location); Wednesday, April 25, 6:45-8 a.m., front lobby.
- Northern: Tuesday-Thursday, April 24-26, 7:30 a.m.-2:35 p.m., front office.
- PCA: Monday, April 23-Thursday, April 26: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., main office. Call for other times.
- Royal Spring: Monday, April 23-Friday, April 27: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., front office.
- Stamping Ground: Monday, April 23, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., front office.
- St. John School: Packets will be sent home with designated student courier from the front office.
- Western: Tuesday-Thursday, April 24-26, 8 a.m-3 p.m., front office.
Packet pick-up at Buffalo Wild Wings: Friday, April 27
- 3-7:00 p.m., 106 Magnolia Dr #103, Georgetown