The 2016 School House Champions 5K is coming up soon! Here’s some detail you’ll need.
PACKET PICK-UP: Packets can be picked up on Friday, April 15, at your sponsored school, and on Friday, April 22, at Buffalo Wild Wings in Georgetown. Check the schedule below to know where and when to find your packet. Packets also can be picked up on race day at the pre-registration table starting at 4 p.m.
Friday, April 15
• Anne Mason Elementary: 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., school lobby
• Lemons Mill Elementary: 7-8 a.m. & 12-2:30 p.m., school lobby; 4-6 p.m., cafeteria (enter at back/after-school program pick-up location)
• Northern Elementary: 7:30 a.m.-2:35 p.m., school lobby
• Royal Spring Middle: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., school lobby, or by special arrangement (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, April 22
• 3:30-6:30 p.m., Buffalo Wild Wings, 106 Magnolia Drive, Georgetown, Ky.
RACE DAY NEED-TO-KNOW: Be sure to follow these directions on race day.
1. Check your race bib information (name, age, and gender). If anything is incorrect, please inform a registration volunteer.
2. Wear your bib. The race is timed by a chip on your bib, which connects to your information to place you in the correct category.
3. Wear your race bib on the front of your torso on the outermost layer of your clothing with safety pins. The chip will not read through clothing.
4. Parking is available nearby in Georgetown city lots, along city streets and in Georgetown College lots.
5. Restrooms are available in the Georgetown College Student Center.
6. Water will be available near the middle of the race. Water and snacks will be available at the end of the race.
7. There may be cars on the course. Please be aware of your surroundings.
8. We have many children running. Adults, please keep a watchful eye, especially for the children.
RESULTS: Race results will be posted at http://georesults.racemine.com/School-House-Champions-5K/events/2016/School-House-Champions-5K-2016/results. If you have any issue with your race time, complete the online form, and you will be contacted.
THANK OUR SPONSORS: Our race is made possible by the following gracious donors. Please thank and support these community partners with your business.
Alma Hopkins, Rector Hayden Realtors
Betsy Falk Designs
Buffalo Wild Wings
Carriage House Gifts & Flowers
Commonwealth Credit Union
Community Trust Bank
Cook Designer Portraits
Crossroads Christian Church
Eye Care Center
G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers
Georgetown Community Hospital
Hands On Originals
Hamilton-Hinkle Paving Company
Johnson’s Funeral Home
Katherine Bennett, CPA
Kevin Bradley Realtor
Kiwanis Club of Scott County
Pediatric Dentistry of Hamburg-Georgetown
Scott County Physical Therapy
Scott County Women’s Club
Southland Christian Church
The Cake Lady
The Childcare Network
The Hockensmith Agency
Toyota Tsusho America
Younger Electrical Service
WTVQ – ABC Ch. 36